Sunday, March 21, 2010

Memory Box Monday - Hello Kitty

Ohhhhh-kay.  Time to start bloggin' regularily!  I am going to do some weekly features that I will introduce as I go.  For now, I am going to play with the things that I love and share them with you.  Those of you who are not familiar with my design work might not know that I worked exclusively for one manufacturer over the past few years.  It was a good thing, but I am enjoying my freedom to create and want to share that with you. 

As you might have guessed, Monday's are going to feature Memory Box stamps, card stock, patterned paper or embellishments.  The MB art work is often simple and even cute, but some how it has an sophistication and elegance to it that I am intrigued by.


Cats are notoriously hard to do well when it comes to stamps but this silhouette is purrrr-fection.  Sorry...that was bad!

Supplies:
-Cat and Lamp stamp (Memory Box)
-Vintage Red Line and Trendy Mini Papers (Jenni Bowlin)
-Memo Pin (Tim Holtz)
-Brown Tiny Type Stickers (Cosmo Cricket)
-Dotted Scallop Border Punch (EK Success)
-Ivory 1 1/4 Silk Ribbon (May Arts)
-Coco Lace (Webster's Pages)
-Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura) - used to apply flocking to the lamp shade
-Latte Tan Flock (Stampendous)
-Clear Smooth Round Gemstones (Hero Arts)

Thanks for visiting,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. YAY She stamps!!! :) This is GREAT Lis. I can't wait to see what else you have got up your sleeve. :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was slightly deceived!! LOL I'm thinking the Hello Kitty as in the Japanese cartoon character that one sees adorning grade school girls books and pens! I then did a double take to make sure I was on the right blog! I was pleasantly surprised to see that you used that cute stamp! :)
    What a great classy and sophisticated card! Love it!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    PS. WB to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my first real blog post back. *mwah*

    ReplyDelete